It is possible to register recreational yachts in Panama. This has a different pricing structure than the ship registration described above. The registration certificate is issued for a two-year period, which is renewable after this period.
Applicable Registration Tariff:
- $1,500.00 – if owned by a foreigner
- $1,000.00 – if owned by a Panamanian (or a Panamanian corporation which is a nominal expense to arrange)
This tariff must also be paid upon renewal of the Registration.
Documents required for Registration:
- Sale & Purchase Agreement, Bill of Sale – or if the yacht is newly built, then a Builder’s Certificate
- Power of Attorney
- Deletion Certificate from previous registry (or Builder’s Certificate if brand new)
Please note: you must also comply with the Radio Operator requirements, in order to register the yacht in Panama. If the yacht is more than 20 years old, then it will also be required to undergo a survey and safety
Anonymous Yacht Ownership – What is done is the yacht is purchased in the name of the Panama bearer share corporation. The ownership of such a corporation is anonymous in that no ownership
So getting my escape-to-Medellin, Columbia ticket – where they have free wi-fi-everywhere – rivaled a Charlie Chaplin movie. It took two days to find a site to book the ticket. The reservation was confirmed, but for some reason they couldn’t process the credit card details. Damn good thing, too, as I had managed to book another ticket. I didn’t confirm the first one within 24-hours so it was cancelled.
The confirmation was sent to my email address to I had to go to the hotel to have it printed. Fine. The address was the longest I have ever seen and I made a mistake so I had to get the woman who worked there to type it in for me.
With my confirmed ticket in my hot-little hand I felt safer and more secure. But this was Cuba and one can never take anything for granted.
For example, when I arrived on Cubana de Aviacion (CDA) – after a 24-hour delay in Madird -neither of my bags showed up on the conveyor belt. There was a group of about 25 people all yelling and pushing and shoving at some poor official cowering behind a glass
Add to this the effort of keeping the catamaran clean and well maintained for the season and you can see it takes a big commitment to own a cat, especially, one of Sunreef’s million dollar yachts.
If you have purchased a Sunreef through us or another company there are ways of reducing the work and cost of owning a yacht. A great way to do this is to put your Sunreef Yacht into our charter fleet. While not is use your new yacht could be paying back for itself and even better yet, earning you money. You will have the privilege of always having your yacht is sailing shape in a convenient Caribbean location.
When you own a charter yacht you can sail any time you like. Your yacht is always in perfect condition, clean, technically perfect. You won’t have to worry about getting your yacht ready when it comes time for you use it. It will be always ready to sail where the sun is shining and the wind is blowing.
With more leisure time and expendable income, demand for charter mega yachts is strong and rising. Our strategic location down in the beautiful
- Where is the cruise leaving from? You need to get to the port in order to get onto the ship. So there is the additional cost of flying to the port or driving there.
- What is there to do on the cruise? Some cruises offer water skiing, fishing or scuba diving.
- Who will be on the cruise with you? Some cruises are designed with special themes while others are not. A cruise that is designed for children may not be the one you want to take if you do not have children. Or, if you are single looking to find your soul mate, consider a singles cruise.
- Where will the cruise stop on the way? Many cruises will allow you to stop and enjoy the attractions of several ports. Perhaps you would like to do some sight seeing. Or, maybe you would like to find just the right location to do some whale watching.
One of the best ways to save money on your cruise is to look for deals that are available on the web. You may think that popular cruise vacations are the most expensive ones. This isn’t necessary true. Many people
When that urge strikes (and believe me, it will strike), you’ve got to be prepared with a plan of action. If you mention the idea of a “family reunion” to your family members without a plan, you’ll most likely end up with mayhem on your hands. The next thing you know you’ll have relatives camping out on every square inch of your floor, piling your sink sky high with dirty dishes, and making executive decisions with your remote control. In addition, you’ll become far too acquainted with the health problems and bodily functions of some of your senior relatives (Who knew that toenail fungus was so prevalent?).
So, what’s the plan of action? You’ve got to head off those pesky relatives at the pass and make sure they never plan that family reunion at your house. What’s the alternative? You’ve got to plan your family reunion on a cruise ship!
Cruise ships are the perfect setting for a family reunion. This is neutral territory, so people don’t feel they are imposing on others. It levels the playing field and takes away the control that can sometimes come into play when reunions are held on a family
Finding the perfect beach in your area is the key. If you’re inclined to think that’s it’s just like any other seaside escape, you’re greatly mistaken; this place has a charm uniquely its own. The local vibe is most certainly not similar to other beach towns in the country, and if you intend to bring your entire family with you for a holiday, you will find that it has more delightful provisions to ensure convenience for you and your company. Check out the advantage you can get from having a beach vacation.
- You can have a choice of room accommodation. There is an impressive selection of villas, apartments, and rental homes to suit all budgets. All these boast of breathtaking views of the landscape and seascape.
- You can enjoy the amenities provided. There are various amenities that enhance the natural charm of the location. In fact, many of the holiday rental provisions have their own tropical swimming pools if you don’t feel like heading to the beach, as well as tennis courts.
- You can eat fresh seafood. Local flavours are delightful. If you wish to try the freshest seafood, many of the locally owned dining
Beginning with the engine, check for the loose parts and fix them up. Lubricate the propeller shaft and fill the fuel tank with fuel and good fuel conditioner.
Talking about outboards, disconnect the fuel line and let it run until the motor stops. Use appropriate flush kit according to the owner’s manual. For inboard and inboard – out drive motors, make sure to flush the cooling system and drain all water from the engine. Change oil filters and refill them according to the manual.
Clean the boat thoroughly both inside and outside. Remove all the things you have on boat like electronics, life jackets, fire extinguishers, etc. Pump the holding tank for bathroom waste as dry as possible. Cover the boat in a way making sure the existence of air circulation. For outside storage, construct a tarp support system, that will prevent it from snow and rains.
Different ways are available for boat storage. Make sure to pick on a way which falls in your budget and is most convenient for you.
Trailering is one of the less – expensive less-expensive way to keep a boat in your driveway or backyard. A boat trailer has the
When you purchase a boat, the first decision is to buy new or used. Used boats obviously cost less but may have fewer features and more wear than a new boat. Additionally, new boats often come with warranties. Buying a boat is similar to buying a car and shopping around for the best deal and the best financing can save you a lot of money up front. If you’re buying a new boat, dealers often charge a “commissioning” fee to cover the installation of any special equipment, tuning the engine and other post-purchase items. You will also have to pay sales tax and some states have a personal property tax that must be paid on boats over a certain size.
Most boat owners a responsible about budgeting for the initial purchase and outfitting of their boats, but underestimate the ongoing costs, which are the bulk of the costs of owning a boat. Insurance is the most important of these costs and the most complex. Getting quotes from several companies will ensure you get the best rate. Also, agents that specialize in boat insurance will be able to help you understand any language specific to boats that you